Thursday, January 1, 2015

Our Journey Begins

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of adopting a child from another country. When I was younger I thought that meant sending $20/month to Alex Trebek  so that the little girl or boy on my TV screen would have clean drinking water and school supplies. As I grew older and I learned what adoption really meant my passion grew even stronger. I was also lucky enough to have two positive examples of adoption within my family as two of my Aunts were adopted.
 
 Luckily I married someone who agreed to share in my adoption dream. He knew very early on that I wanted to adopt, and I knew that he wanted to have a biological child. So we agreed to meet halfway and now we have a beautiful little girl who turned one in May 2014. We both adore our daughter but we know that our family will not be complete until we adopt a child.
 
After many years of research we have decided to adopt a boy from China. The company that will be facilitating our adoption is called Children's Bridge. Here is a link to their website if you would like more information. http://www.childrensbridge.com/
Welcome to our adoption journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment